What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our website.
How do we use your information?
You agree that we may collect and process all such PII that you provide to us.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
You also hereby consent that we may use your PII for the following additional purposes which may be included in, or part of, the Services:
- Updating our records;
- Internal analysis for our business management purposes;
- Any statutory or regulatory purpose which requires the processing of your PII;
- Legal and regulatory compliance;
- Fraud and crime prevention;
- Internal or external audits; and
- Any other purpose for which valid consent is obtained.
In addition to the above, we may also collect other data from you which is not PII, such as information about your employer, the content of articles or posts or other information you publish or otherwise make public, etc.
- We Collect Information Automatically – We automatically collect certain types of information when you visit our website.
- We Collect Information From Other Sources – We may also obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available information about you from third-parties or purchase email lists from third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Retaining and Deleting PII
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of PII.
PII that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your PII:
- to the extent your PII that we hold was obtained from data you knowingly, intentionally and manifestly made public or which is in the public domain independent of any act or action of us, it will be retained in that form for as long as it is needed or required for the purposes for which we obtained the information from the public record, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- to the extent your PII that we hold was pulled by us and separated from data you knowingly, intentionally and manifestly made public or which is in the public domain independent of any act or action of us, it will be retained by us for as long as required by us for the purpose for which it was obtained and as required by our contractual requirements with third-party clients or as otherwise required by applicable law.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your PII will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based upon the performance of our Services, and any applicable industry and governmental standards.
We may also retain your PII where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
These web beacons and plug-ins are small graphic images (typically that you cannot see) or code on a website or in an email message which are used for such things as recording webpages or advertisements clicked-on by a user, or for tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns. These devices help us analyze our users’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our marketing.
We may also work with third-party service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information. Third-party entities with whom we have agreements may place these devices on the website and/or in emails to use information obtained from them such as pages viewed, emails opened and items upon which you may click in emails. These third-party providers may also place cookies onto your computer. Those third-party cookies may enable us to obtain aggregate demographic information and user statistics about you and your preferences from these third-party sources as well as our information we have about you. See above for more information on our cookies.
A web “server log” is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain webpages to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on our website may record information in server logs. For example, if you enter a search term on the website or enter your login information, the server log may record the search term, the link you clicked on to bring you to our website and/or information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser.
We do not sell or trade, to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Providing Your PII To Others
By providing your PII, you are agreeing to the transfer and processing of your personal data to:
- We disclose your PII to our affiliate partner hichi-life.com, karinagrant.co.uk.
- We may disclose your PII to our officers, directors, employees, and agents insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this Privacy Statement, including to provide or potentially provide Services to you or for your benefit.
- We may disclose your PII to our professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings, ADR or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We may disclose certain of your PII to the suppliers and subcontractors pursuant to separate consent provided by you to us.
- The foregoing disclosures are made insofar as reasonably necessary, and only to the extent required, for assisting us in providing our Services to you, storing data and in connection with the administration of our business.
- In addition, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your PII where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings, alternative dispute resolution, or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We do include or offer third-party products or services on our website, including without limitations hichi-life.com.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Your California Privacy Rights
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
By logging in to their account
How does our site handle not track signals.
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking.
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
We collect various types of personal information about you during the course of your relationship with us. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, we are allowed to provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third party will use such information for its direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to the email address or postal address below. Please include your postal address in your request and the words “CALIFORNIA OPT-OUT” in the subject line of your request. Within thirty (30) days of receiving your written request, we will provide you with a Third Party Direct Marketing Opt-Out Form so you may request that your personal information not be disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Privacy Officer
Privacy of Children Who Visit the Website
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The website is not designed to attract children, and is not intended for use by any children under the age of 3 We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, you do not have permission to use this website or our Services.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 7 business days from the date we are aware of the breach.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service and/or our website’ products and services.
• Market to our website’s mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this Privacy Statement.
- We may notify you of significant changes to this Privacy Statement by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
Access and Correction
Upon request, and as set forth herein, we will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information that it holds about them. In addition,we will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect PII in our possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of PII should be directed to our Privacy Officer at the address given below:
email@example.com (using the term PRIVACY SHIELD in the subject line)
Attention: Privacy Officer – PRIVACY SHIELD
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of PII by reference to the principles contained in this Privacy Statement.